and i guess it's time to say hi

2:21 AM




Hello & welcome, apparently, to this new blog that I have put up. 

First things first: I’m Andrea, the writer behind this blog. I write in a couple of other places but I’ve always wanted to have my very own ‘place’ for my idealisms about writing and reading which is all I talk about honestly, so here is ‘A Surge of Thunder’. 


I love symbolism and metaphors and all of those fancy things. So the surge is sort of my inspiration / muse / determination to write, and the thunder is a collective word for all of my beliefs / opinions / thoughts.

A Surge of Thunder = My determination to share my thoughts

Yes? Good. 


Now: I’m going to be off to a slow start. But once I’ve gotten my footing and a basic grip on blogging (wow I’m making this sound like a sport) definitely get ready for lots of discussion-styled posts. Here are a couple things I’ve come up with: 

  • 5 Facts, 3 Books — Wherein I choose three books of the same author / genre / vibe and give five facts about them. Think book reviews condensed into five-numbered lists. 
  • Quarterly Wrap-Ups — I don’t know when I’m going to start this?!?! But I’m going to try really hard. At the end of every four months, I’ll give a recap / summary of what I got up to.
  • ALL THE DISCUSSIONS AND ALL THE TALKING ABOUT WRITING AND READING.
  • It’ll be fun. I promise. I hope. 


I’ll be posting biweekly / specifically every two weeks. That’s around two posts a month. And I wish I could post every week, but formatting and drafting posts take up a lot of time so I think twice a month is a good number for me.


- Andrea <3

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. HELLO!!! Welcome to the blogging world xD
    I love your blog's name and I can't wait to see some posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you very much! I'll definitely try to stick to a schedule and come up with reading / writing-themed posts :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy you're here in the blogging world! So exciting! And I lovelovelove the blog name - so pretty and unique! :D Can't wait to read more from you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Also, you should add a google plus follower button, or a follow by email button, or both, so we can follow you!)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Hannah! Reading your blog and a couple other writing blogs was what really made me want to start one of my own :)

      Thank you for the tip! I've added it already <3

      Delete
  3. hey!! just found your blog and i'm excited to see what you post in the future! love your blog's name by the way!

    -madeline
    http://achicbookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah hello Madeline! Thank you so much :) I'll be checking your blog out too yay!

      Delete
  4. okay your blog is just so adorable I adore the design <33 totally following.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah!!!! I can't wait for you to join me on my blogging journey <3

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the blogosphere! I can't wait to see more from you <3 your design is gorgeous, by the way!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie :) Your blog is design beautifully too!

      Delete
  6. Hey welcome! I have to agree with Ellie^^ love the design. I look forward to seeing this blog grow!
    -Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little late to reading this but aaaah thank you so much Vivian <3

      - Andrea at A Surge of Thunder

      Delete
  7. Wait, my blog is older than this amazing blog's??? HOW. YOURS IS SO AMAZING. LIKE. AGH. *fangirls*

    May @ Forever and Everly

    ReplyDelete

Hey, amazing human being. Thank you so much for commenting! Be sure to check back for my reply <3